Thursday, March 5, 2009

One more round looming?

Yeesh. A small window of opportunity is cracking open... To jump through or to let it pass?

Sometimes I do use logic, and if I don't find a reason for 'why not' - then the game's on. Seems I'll be home alone again this weekend for two days. College courses online are still at the beginning 'slow' stage and survey work is caught up (okay, so I haven't done taxes or mailed my Christmas letters yet - details).

The porch I'd hoped to get done along with my room awaits. Yesterday friend Pete dropped off a couple deck pieces - from Menard's tear-out. Good plywood, good 2 x 4's - would answer the need for floor boards if I did the porch? Hmmm....

I have the Styrofoam to surface the concrete floor, the plywood to surface the Styrofoam. The ceiling needs to be ripped out (reminds me, it's Garbage Day, I need to roll the can up so I can refill it) and I have plastic to seal it. One door is toooooo low and opens in -- that may be the most challenging issue.

I planned to drop the ceiling light to a wall-mount, and it should be easy enough to track this wire once the ceiling's pulled off. If not, I'll add a box and line straight to the wall.

If I get on this project, it means I need to remove a few cupboards, move the washer and dryer, cut one door, board off a wall, add a light fixture, put up plastic from ceiling to floor, and generally make a mess of things.

But my tools are still in the house.

If'n I got it done, the treadmill in the living room could be porched. And this area would be improved, in that it, too, has the same roofing issues as my room - i.e., poor insulation, no air space, and I'm sure mutilated plastic working as no moisture barrier.

Am I ready to take it on?

I dunno, the window is but a small opportunity to jump or not, and jumping usually gets me further along. Not jumping means I'll have to deal with it another day, and I do have 'other life' somewhat on a simmer.

If I took a vote, how many say, "Jump!"? .... oh shit, I think I'm at it again!

1 comment:

  1. Just reading your to-do list has totally pooped me out. Now I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete