Saturday, May 30, 2009

temporarily... wuf-ta

Momentary deviation on the blog for my own sake, needed a booster shot. Extreme physical work ongoing, and wondered if I was making any progress - the 'to-do' list seems to be just as long as it was a year ago!
So I looked through photos of the house and yard last fall (the work was demanding then, too). I didn't have to browse too far to recognize, "Yeah, I got something done."

Only a small part of it is in these photos...

Last September, golf-course side of the house (ahem, 40+ year-old double-wide)







The current photo of this area, deck and door removed.




This is the 'old front' - pretty ugly.


This is work in progress - banked up this side with dirt from digging a pond area (giving water runoff down the driveway a place to go). Cut the door in on the left, my first time with a saw-zal... I now have my own saw-zal, so I don't have to borrow my son's!

Yeah, something's getting done? What's not shown is behind my Acura is another 4 bags of cement.

About 90% of this has been done by Yours Truly, hands-on with elbow grease and a foggy idea of how to go about it. There's a ton more to do, but I think for now I can tell myself, "Good Job."

Y'all think so? And if anyone's bored (ahem, Becky, want a vacation? - sister in Alaska) I want to tear off the porch steps and redo this area in the near future.

Wuf-ta.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jim! The inside still needs a lot of work, but the siding and windows did wonders for the heating last winter - along with making it visually more pleasant!

    Outside work is still in progress. I picked up a used exterior door yesterday for the back porch, then cut the frame and door down to fit the opening (rather than cut main support beams, seemed wise).

    I seriously dislike hanging doors! I'd so rather be playing with concrete. But it needed doing, and one appeared, so I got it done. (yay.)

    ReplyDelete