Thursday, July 23, 2009

Course post, final

Reviewing from what I stated in Unit 3 on my self-perceptions of physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being: I had assessed myself as 7-8 on the last two previously, and I would say I'm "still okay" despite the chaos. There is an interesting up-swing physically, and I believe it's directly related to this course!

This is the 'nettle incident'. It seemed like a 'freak accident' (reserve comments, friends) when I bumped about the only nearby clump, but under the influence of this class, I did a little research on nettle. I began steeping it daily, easy enough to do, and have been drinking it "because I want to" - no forcing myself! (I don't listen to myself well, anyway, already know this.)

Not sure how to figure it, but it must have been 5 - 6 weeks now, and the aching of stiff joints - fingers, knees, the usual - is now gone. I haven't changed much else physically, so I suspect something in the nettle responds well with me. That, and the simplicity of it suits me. I gather it with a paper bag and gloves, hang it to dry handily with my unfinished styrofoam inside walls; in about 5 days, the leaves crumble off with no sting left in them into a paper bag for storage.

I boil water (yes, I did boil one pot dry twice in my attempt, was busy with something else), pour it over nettle in a jar, and let it sit until I get around to filtering it and sticking it in the refrig. It's proved to be kind of odd stuff, actually! The nettle I brought home from my dad's farm stays more of a golden color, but the other nettle from a friend's farm turns green (chlorophyll, not decay) in the refrig within a few hours.

As usual, no else I know does this, and my family won't touch it (finally - something that will still be where I put it!). Yet I'm amazed at the difference from 'then' to 'now'.

I will continue exploring the areas that most interested me, including the EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) listed at http://www.emofree.com/ - this, too, is a simple process but with much information and potential. I prefer simple, quick, easy, natural, self-applied and always available techniques, and this met all those criteria.

I will continue exploring all the links (tons of them, I'm sure anyone could find something of personal interest on this site) at http://instinctivemeditation.com/ - it has no set limits or methods, and Roche isn't afraid to list disadvantages to meditation on his site. Facing facts, humans have the ability to overdo anything, and meditation isn't exempt from this!

I am glad I had this class for my own personal use. The benefits from it tend to be like the seed that is planted in my life. It will be up to me to grow it or let it wither.

No comments:

Post a Comment